Munster Simms Engineering (better known by our brand name Whale) is an established local business with a reputation for quality, innovation and service. With over 200 years heritage in Northern Ireland it is now a valued division of the US-based Brunswick Corporation. In recent years, the company has seen exponential growth and has released a stream of award-winning new products. Distributing to over 50 countries worldwide, Whale serves a range of diverse markets including leisure marine, recreational vehicles, portable sanitation, domestic shower drainage and various niche industrial sectors.
Our vision and aspiration is to build an outstanding, sustainable company widely known for our innovative and principled approach in everything we do. Learn more about the way we work.
Whale is a fair employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates regardless of religious affiliation, religious belief, political belief, sex, race, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability or part time or full time status. In order to demonstrate our commitment to equality of opportunity and meet our obligations under Fair Employmment legislation we are required by law to monitor the religious affiliation and sex of all job applicants.
Read a few words from some of our existing team
Ref Number: MM/04/19
ABOUT THE JOB
A fantastic opportunity exists for an experienced Marketing Manager to join the team to manage all the marketing activities, lead the marketing team, and develop and implement the marketing strategy in line with the business objectives.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS - Excellent leadership skills to lead and motivate the marketing team.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS - Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation and strong interpersonal/negotiation skills.
- PLANNING AND ORGANISING - Strong organisational and analytical skills are required, along with the ability to methodically plan and prioritise workload efficiently and effectively to maximise results through measureable plans.
- COLLABORATIVE - A strong team player with evidence of close collaboration with various stakeholders such as colleagues/external partners and/or customers in order to achieve goals.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to lead the development and delivery of the Whale Marketing Strategy and associated plans.
- MARKETING PLANS
Ensure annual marketing plans are developed and delivered within budget, to include product launch activities, digital media, promotional materials, and international event participation.
- DIGITAL MARKETING
Ensure the successful development and delivery of the company’s digital strategy, ensuring that digital touchpoints manage the customer journey to deliver a seamless experience across channels and devices.
- VOICE OF THE CUSTOMER
Coordinate the collection and updating of relevant market information including marketing intelligence both macro and micro.
- BRAND MANAGEMENT
Ensure that Whale brand plans and trademarks are coordinated and maintained in line with company’s strategic plans.
- CHANNEL PARTNER SUPPORT
Provide marketing support for all channel partners and key customers in line with agreed plans to include collaboration on events, promotional campaigns, product launches and catalogues.
- INTERNATIONAL EVENT MANAGEMENT
Ensure the successful coordination of all events as per annual marketing plans in collaboration with commercial teams and channel partners/key customers.
- MARKETING MATERIALS FOR PRODUCTION
Ensure the management of support materials i.e. creation of artwork for product packaging, labels, barcodes, instructions in line with product launches or updates.
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN
- An opportunity to work in a leading global company that has a track record of exponential growth.
- A competitive salary.
- Benefits – flexible working hours, enhanced pension, death in service benefit.
- Opportunity to travel.
- Third level qualification in a relevant subject area e.g. Marketing, Communications or a Business-related subject and 3 years’ experience working in a Marketing Management role. OR
- 5 years’ relevant experience in a Marketing Management role.
- Excellent Leadership skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A valid driving licence that will allow fulfilment of the duties of the role.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Digital Marketing Qualification.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please request an application pack by calling 028 9127 6500. Completed application forms must be RETURNED to:
The Monitoring Officer
Munster Simms Engineering Limited
2 Enterprise Road
or Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 22nd April at 5pm. Please quote the relevant job ref. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Download the application form
Please return your completed form to the Monitoring Officer:
THE MONITORING OFFICER
WHALE (MUNSTER SIMMS ENGINEERING LIMITED)
2 ENTERPRISE ROAD
BANGOR BT19 7TA