Munster Simms Engineering (better known by our brand name Whale) is an established local business with a reputation for quality, innovation and service. With over 200 years heritage in Northern Ireland it is now a valued division of the US-based Brunswick Corporation. In recent years, the company has seen exponential growth and has released a stream of award-winning new products. Distributing to over 50 countries worldwide, Whale serves a range of diverse markets including leisure marine, recreational vehicles, portable sanitation, domestic shower drainage and various niche industrial sectors.
Our vision and aspiration is to build an outstanding, sustainable company widely known for our innovative and principled approach in everything we do.
Whale is a fair employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates regardless of religious affiliation, religious belief, political belief, sex, race, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability or part time or full time status. In order to demonstrate our commitment to equality of opportunity and meet our obligations under Fair Employmment legislation we are required by law to monitor the religious affiliation and sex of all job applicants.
Marketing Executive (12 months Maternity Cover)
Ref Number: ME/07/21
ABOUT THE JOB
- To develop, manage and execute key promotional campaigns as directed by the Marketing Manager.
- To drive key marketing activities including new product launches, development and distribution of promotional materials and events as directed by the Marketing Manager.
- Assist in the development and execution of key marketing plans through close collaboration with technical and commercial teams to ensure successful product launches.
- Be the key point of contact for collaborative marketing activities with our key customers, distributors, OEMs, retailers, industry bodies, and press network.
- Support the digital marketing function within the business, maximizing and managing Whale’s presence across the company’s website and with particular focus on social media e.g. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube as the key channels and all other relevant channels for online communication
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE
- EXECUTING MARKETING PLANS: To assist in the development, management, and execution of marketing plans as part of the Whale marketing team. As a member of the marketing team you will work in collaboration with the company’s international distributor and customer networks and internal stakeholders. Key activities include (but are not limited to) events, promotions, sponsorships, product launches and catalogues.
- DIGITAL MARKETING: Support the development and execution of our digital marketing strategy, including updating our website content, maintaining a strong presence across our social media channels and keeping up to speed with new digital marketing methods.
- BUDGET MANAGEMENT: Assist with the management of the annual budgets for marketing activities to ensure tracking within set budgets, as agreed with the Marketing Manager.
- MARKETING MATERIALS FOR PRODUCTION: Assist in the completion and sign off of product packaging, labels, bar codes, product instructions and promotional literature within the agreed timelines.
Any other tasks as reasonably requested by Marketing Manager or Marketing Director
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN
- An opportunity to work in a leading global company that has a track record of exponential growth
- A competitive salary
- Benefits – flexible working hours, enhanced pension, death in service benefit.
- Opportunity to travel internationally
- A recent graduate from Marketing or another related business discipline
- CIM qualification or working towards this would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of digital marketing platforms, i.e. social media, website etc. is essential
- Experience in Adobe Design suite would be desirable but not essential.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation and strong interpersonal negotiation skills
- IT literate with strong working knowledge of MS Office suite
- Good team working ability
- Knowledge of product marketing
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Good commercial awareness
Closing Date for Applications: 1pm Friday 13th August.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Download the application form
Please return your completed form to the Monitoring Officer:
THE MONITORING OFFICER
WHALE (MUNSTER SIMMS ENGINEERING LIMITED)
2 ENTERPRISE ROAD
BANGOR BT19 7TA