Munster Simms Engineering (better known by our brand name Whale) is an established local business with a reputation for quality, innovation and service. With over 200 years heritage in Northern Ireland it is now a valued division of the US-based Brunswick Corporation. In recent years, the company has seen exponential growth and has released a stream of award-winning new products. Distributing to over 50 countries worldwide, Whale serves a range of diverse markets including leisure marine, recreational vehicles, portable sanitation, domestic shower drainage and various niche industrial sectors.
Our vision and aspiration is to build an outstanding, sustainable company widely known for our innovative and principled approach in everything we do.
Whale is a fair employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates regardless of religious affiliation, religious belief, political belief, sex, race, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability or part time or full time status. In order to demonstrate our commitment to equality of opportunity and meet our obligations under Fair Employmment legislation we are required by law to monitor the religious affiliation and sex of all job applicants.
Ref Number: PM/10/21
ABOUT THE JOB
A great opportunity for an individual who has excellent collaboration skills and is self-driven. The role is to ensure the design of new products or modifications of existing products are to the required standards of operability, reliability, innovativeness, cost and time targets as directed by the Product Development Programmes.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
Applicants must be passionate about engineering, enthusiastic and a self-starter who can work autonomously and as part of a team.
- COLLABORATIVE - A strong team player with the ability to work in close collaboration with various stakeholders such as colleagues, external partners and/or customers to achieve goals.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS - Excellent written and verbal communication / presentation and strong interpersonal skills.
- PLANNING AND ORGANISING - Strong organisational and analytical skills are required, along with the ability to methodically plan and prioritise workload efficiently and effectively to maximise results through measurable plans.
- STRONG I.T. SKILLS - I.T. literate with strong working knowledge of MS Office suite as a minimum requirement.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The successful candidate will report to the Engineering Director and be responsible for forming strong business relationships with various other functions (product, quality, marketing, purchasing and production) to develop and agree project plans and then to ensure that these plans are met in terms of performance, cost, timescales, and product reliability.
Key Aspects of the role will be:
- Development and Monitoring of Project Plans for New Product Development (NPD) Projects
- Application of relevant project management tools to ensure HPPD (ASG gate process) project objectives are met
- Budget Preparation and Monitoring
- Contribute to the achievement of product development improvement targets of reduced time to market, reduced cost, trouble-free launch by contributing ideas and skills to the development team
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN:
- An opportunity to work in a leading global company that has a track record of exponential growth
- A competitive salary
- Benefits – flexible working hours, enhanced pension, death in service benefit
- Candidates should be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline OR 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Have experience of design & development projects
- Be pro-active and keen to work both independently and as part of a team
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Display strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a high level of personal integrity and thoroughness
- Experience in Project Management Software and other Project Management Techniques
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment
Closing date for completed applications: 1pm Friday 22nd October 2021
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
Download the application form
Please return your completed form to the Monitoring Officer:
THE MONITORING OFFICER
WHALE (MUNSTER SIMMS ENGINEERING LIMITED)
2 ENTERPRISE ROAD
BANGOR BT19 7TA